Click on any of the categories below to explore.
Barriers to Effective Medical Affairs Training
Several common pain points can be solved by outsourcing your Medical Affairs training.
- Building (and paying for) redundant training materials due to cross-functional silos.
- Utilizing high performing MA associates, which results in time away from their primary role. It also assumes they have the specialized skills to create quality training content.
- Training departments can be costly. For some, in-house training is not financially feasible and for others it may not even be necessary.
Remote Medical Affairs Training Program Benefits
Training that is both enduring and always up-to-date.
- “On-demand” or “just-in-time” training is well suited to Medical Affairs. Learners can fit it in around fieldwork, conference calls, and other demands that make live meetings and webinars inconvenient.
- The format decreases program duration and increases retention. We use short, 5 to 10 minute segments and interactive “real-life” scenarios that are relevant and immediately applicable.
- Training can be deployed immediately and repeatedly and can be updated quickly. Critical information like SOPs and label updates can be rolled out in weeks instead of months (or never).