Click on any of the categories below to explore.
Barriers to Effective Medical Affairs Training
Several common pain points can be solved by outsourcing your Medical Affairs training.
- Building (and paying for) redundant training materials due to cross-functional silos.
- Utilizing high performing MA associates, which results in time away from their primary role. It also assumes they have the specialized skills to create quality training content.
- Training departments can be costly. For some, in-house training is not financially feasible and for others it may not even be necessary.
Remote Medical Affairs Training Program Benefits
Training that is both enduring and always up-to-date.
- “On-demand” or “just-in-time” training is well suited to Medical Affairs. Learners can fit it in around fieldwork, conference calls, and other demands that make live meetings and webinars inconvenient.
- The format decreases program duration and increases retention. We use short, 5 to 10 minute segments and interactive “real-life” scenarios that are relevant and immediately applicable.
- Training can be deployed immediately and repeatedly and can be updated quickly. Critical information like SOPs and label updates can be rolled out in weeks instead of months (or never).
Join Our LinkedIn Groups!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Follow Versant, our medical affairs training company, on LinkedIn.
Join the LinkedIn Group: Medical Affairs Trainers Professionals for content and discussions from the learning frontier.
Join the LinkedIn Group: Medical Affairs Management Forum for relevant conversations for remote pharmaceutical people managers.