In addition to training, we offer several other services designed to elevate the performance of your Medical Affairs team. Whether you’re launching a new product, a new team, or a new training portal, we can provide the expertise and support you need.
Click on one of the services below to learn more.
Strategies to Achieve Launch Success
Medical Affairs has a critical part to play in every phase of bringing a product to market, from pre-clinical to post-marketing.
- A major growth driver of Medical Affairs has been the patent expiry of many blockbuster products, and the subsequent focus on specialty drugs. In 2017, nearly one quarter of all new FDA approvals were for biologics.¹
- A 2016 survey found that, Medical Affairs teams begin KOLs engagement 12–18 months prior to launch  Thus, training and content creation should begin 6–12 months prior to that, which means Medical Affairs must begin launch preparation 2–3 years prior to FDA approval.²
- Medical Affairs is at the leading edge of a trend period as the industry shifts towards precision medicine. Investment by organizations have steadily increased. For example, from 2014 to 2016 MSL teams grew by 12% overall and 31% in specialty areas such as oncology.³
Creating a Learning Culture
A rich learning culture does more than boost performance, it stimulates and engages employees by providing tangible evidence of professional growth.
- Top-performing organizations are five times more likely to have learning cultures, suggesting that a culture of learning is a key component of business success.
- Technology has endless applications in helping you enhance learning culture. It could take the form of helping employees track and visualize their learning progress through an LMS and encouraging learner groups in social platforms like Microsoft Teams, Slack, and Yammer.
- Veeva Reimagining Medical Affairs: Creating Value as Stakeholders, Commercial Models, and Therapies Evolve. Veeva, 2018. 1-6.
- The Real Value of Medical Affairs, in A FirstWord ExpertViews Dossier Report, F. Dossier, Editor. 2016. p. 1-19.
- Veeva Medical Affairs 2025 Excellence in the Era of Precision Medicine. Veeva. 1-7.
- Brandon Hall Group, Five Essentials for High-Impact Learning Measurement. 2018.